[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

fungus spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com
Thu Apr 12 15:11:42 PDT 2001

Dave Phillips wrote:

> Greetings:
>
>   The Csound mail-list has seen some recent traffic conversing about the
> possibility of including an MP3 encoder as an output format. Many people
> mentioned Vorbis as a preferable alternative. Given that Csound is
> open-source freely-available software (though not GPL'd; it's covered by
> an MIT license), Vorbis seems to be a far better choice than MP3, for
> all the obvious reasons.

How can we get Napster to support Vorbis? That seems to me
like it would be the best way to get a lot of support. If
we could only get the to add a menu option "convert all my
files to ogg format" then we'd be made.

Seriously though, how hard would it be for them to support
multiple file extensions? Five minutes work?

--
<\___/>
/ O O \