[vorbis] Windows XP and MP3

fungus spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com
Thu Apr 12 12:16:54 PDT 2001

"Paul C. Bryan" wrote:

> People have a choice about what software they will use. If they choose
> Microsoft software, they will have to accept the conditions that accompany
> it. The value proposition of Windows to many clearly exceeds the
> restrictions they must accept.

Microsoft knows very well how their customers work.

If Windows comes as standard with a pop-up box to
"record the music to disk" every time you insert
an audio CD then an awful lot of music is going
to end up in wma format.

All they have to do then is to encrypt it using
the users personal key, and they're in business,
or at least, a "business" they can sell to the
record bosses. You can also expect the OS to
have built in support for the new MMPS[*] servers.

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

[*] Microsoft Music Payment System (I am, of course,
making all this up).