OT: long - Replacing CD's? was RE: [vorbis] New type of copy-prot ected audio CDs are coming...

dongoodman deg3 at Ra.MsState.Edu
Mon Apr 9 08:12:30 PDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, ndrw mchl grnbrg wrote:

> fungus <spam at egg.chips.and.spam.com> wrote:
> :
> : Recording to minidisks is still a pain as well,
> : they work like an analogue tape recorder - press
> : record then play your musinc into them. MP3 players
> : can be 100% controlled by your computer desktop and
> : have track info, playlists, etc.
>
> Some people have analog sources that they want to record.

i've ripped a few tapes to ogg vorbis by running the headphone
out of my stereo to the line-in on my sound card and firing up
goldwave...a little more time consuming to be sure, but it only
has to be done once =)
sound quality is...well, about that of the tape itself.
further, i suspect (if i wished to take a hit in the quality dep't) that
I could use the 2x dub speed, and sample at 88.2kHz to get it twice as
fast...but i haven't tried that yet.

have fun
dongoodman

    |`I invented the term 'object oriented',              pobox 2516|  |----|
    |and I can tell you                         mississippi state ms|  | () |
 /. |I did not have C++ in mind.'                              39762|  | /\ |

Hi, I'm a .sig Virus, put me in yours :-)