[vorbis] Hacking up streaming - we want to

Tom Bishop Tom at Truly.nu
Wed Sep 13 09:26:19 PDT 2000

> Looking through the dev list, I see no current work on plugins for
> RealPlayer or Windows Media Player.  Unfortunately, this would be
> pretty much essential before we could properly announce, as they're the
> only things we can rely on users having.  Both have a plugin
> architecture, and both can apparantly be told (with SMIL for RealPlayer
> and asx for WMP) where to get a plugin for a new format.

WMP probably uses the ACM (Audio Compression Manager) for
compression.. (not sure..but it would be the way to go)

Integration into it would allow use from any app using the ACM.

Since you would give it away, I am sure MS would bundle it,
ship it with future systems... They would have mixed feelings..
..but you could shame them into it.

My opinion, this integration is very critical to Vorbis success..

Regards,
Tom