[vorbis] Video codec

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Sun Sep 10 12:07:52 PDT 2000

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Angus Griffin wrote:

> Not that I want to give you nice people at Xiph any more to think about at
> the moment, but has anyone thought about including vector animation
> streaming (mm flash style) in the Ogg framework? The major problem I can see
> is that kind of thing needs serious authoring software, rather than just an
> encoder... but it could be a handy and interesting addition.

I'd say there's room for that by including SVG as an XML substream.

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Overview.htm8

I don't know enough about the format to comment on ease of synchronization
and so on, but that's how I'd proceed. Flash is non-free; if you want to
use their graphics, you might as well use their audio codec. (what is it,
btw?)

 -r

giles at ashlu.bc.ca
Tousandbinnigereischuchen.