[vorbis] Are mp3 royalties inherited by ogg?

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Sep 7 05:54:16 PDT 2000

>Agreed, but for instance the collectors-items never-published Kate Bush
>songs I have on mp3, I can't get as an original. Rather have this than
>nothing...

In this case, you should KEEP them as mp3. Most players can play both - so
you keep your obscure mp3s, and just encode other stuff as vorbis. I know
my mp3 collection is still far larger than my vorbis stuff, and I don't see
this as a problem.

Converting your mp3s to vorbis is GUARANTEED to decrease the quality, and
do other silly things. Just don't do it, ever.

Michael