[vorbis] requested new features ?

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Fri Sep 29 16:33:36 PDT 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Aleksandar Dovnikovic wrote:

> Feel free to send your requests for features/options - there is no
> feature-freeze (mainly because vorbis is constantly under developement).
> But currently the main developers (Monty & others) are very busy because
> they still have several key features to implement. So they probably won't
> look into your list right now, but there is nothing stopping us in
> discussing your proposals. After all, this is what this list is for.

If it helps any, I have an unofficial todo list at
http://snow.ashlu.bc.ca/ogg/todo.html it's a bit biased towards my own
interests (mostly from lack of other contributions :) but should give you
an idea what's been talked about so far.

There is no feature freeze, but we need to get a 1.0 release out before
the mp3 broadcast-licensing changing at the end of the year. Jack is, I
understand, exerting some influence on what goes in. Grapevine has it that
we will get low bitrate modes and joint stereo/surround support for 1.0.
Also the stream-description metadata if it's ready (unlikely). Nothing
else has been settled upon, afaik.

Oh, and and as much streaming support as possible. :)

 -r

giles at ashlu.bc.ca