[vorbis] Streaming

Tim Hurman kano at kano.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 03:05:45 PDT 2000

Hi,

I have been browins through the archives for a bit now, however I cannot
seem to find any direct answer to a question I have. What streaming tools
are/will be available for ogg vorbis?

I found this quote on vorbis.com:
"What about streaming in Ogg Vorbis format?

Streaming is an important component of Vorbis. The format has
been designed from the ground-up to be easily streamable. The
designers of Vorbis are working alongside the creators of Icecast
streaming media software to make Icecast Vorbis-compatible. We
are also working on player support for streaming Ogg files.
Streaming Ogg files from the web will be supported by the player
plugins at the 1.0 Vorbis release."

However I have been unable to find any trace of this. Apart from Icecast,
are there any other streaming servers available/being developed for ogg?

Hope someone has more info than me,
Thanks

Tim.