[vorbis] Video codec

Rok Papez rok.papez at kiss.uni-lj.si
Fri Sep 8 01:19:19 PDT 2000

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000, Chrissy and Raul wrote:

> I guess this is a good time to start putting together a wish list
> for a  video codec.

I'm not that into video standards, but as a potential user I'd add
following to the wish-list:
- VBR with a "maximum" (example: 1Mbps or less -> no need for CBR ?)
- plain vanilla VBR without maximum (for high-quality video)
- any resolution
- 16bpp, 24bpp, 32bpp. (Maybe 8bpp for cartoons ?)

Don't add audio ? We already have Vorbis.
Make video another Ogg stream and let audio come
from Vorbis stream or wherever...

Subtitles can also be a stream.

Does Ogg know how to deal with syncing streams?

--
best regards,
Rok Papez.