[vorbis] MPEG-OGG

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Oct 9 16:21:02 PDT 2000

> Are there any thoughts of getting into bed with the ISO or MPEG group?  If the
> format becomes an industry standard then I can see MPEG-Ogg taking off big
> time.  Though I'm not sure if being part of MPEG means less control over
> future improvements of the format.

My initial reaction is that we're then very much in the Lion's den.  I have no
objection in *principle*, but every self defense mechanism I posess wants to
go to high alert every time I think about this.

We'd be playing with very powerful, very self-interested entities.  A misstep
could render moot everything the project stands for.

Monty