[vorbis] Re: FhG $15k minimum

Firelight Multimedia support at fmod.org
Mon Oct 2 13:36:19 PDT 2000

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Matt and Karin Lawson wrote:
>
> > I guess it may have changed in the past few months, but at one point
there was some kind of statement that said "all licenses have a $15k
> > yearly minimum"
>
> I did see that after it was pointed out. I had assumed they weren't
referring to radio based on the other page, but it is mentioned
> specifically.
>
> > By the way, I wrote to them one time and basically (but politely :) said
"You guys MUST realize that these fees are way too high for any
> > small business"  and their answer was to offer me a special deal of 2%
with a $5k yearly minimum.  Gee, that's much better (not).

> If $15k is their idea of a small minimum, then they really don't know much
about their potential customer base...

> Rich

Heh, that is interesting .. here is a discussion i had with thompson where i
found them unresponsive and EXTREMELY arrogant.
Brett