[vorbis] Re: FhG $15k minimum

Matt and Karin Lawson lawson at qns.com
Sun Oct 1 18:45:13 PDT 2000

About the $15k streaming minimum:

I guess it may have changed in the past few months, but at one point
there was some kind of statement that said "all licenses have a $15k
yearly minimum"

By the way, I wrote to them one time and basically (but politely :) said
"You guys MUST realize that these fees are way too high for any
small business"  and their answer was to offer me a special deal of
2% with a $5k yearly minimum.  Gee, that's much better (not).

Also realize that in order to pay the 1% instead of the $15k, you'd have
to be making over $1.5 million a year in downloads.  I don't know if
ANYONE is making that much.

OK, I'll stop my whining now...  :)

- Matt