[vorbis] XMMS plugin cannot play b3 encoded files

Segher Boessenkool segher at wanadoo.nl
Thu Nov 30 03:27:29 PST 2000

Monty wrote:

> > Yes, I'm using decoder_example all the time. When I decode a beta3 file,
> > it (beta2 decoder_example) clips almost every frame, there are just a view
> > different sample values in the output file.
> >
> > Since you don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem, shall I look some
> > deeper into it?
>
> Yes, please.
>
> Monty

Ok, found the problem. Don't know what the problem of the
original question (xmms thingy) is, because the error was in
my new optimizations, which you still don't have, because the
code isn't, ahem, production quality. Due to a misplaced closing
brace my code was assuming any codebook (of type 1, I think), which
isn't dimension 2, must surely be dimension 4. This was actually
the case with beta2 streams. Now there are dimension 3's as well,
and decodevs gave back some NaN's; after mdct, everything was NaN,
which didn't convert to any usable audio output |-)

I'm sorry to have bugged you with this, or maybe you did already
notice the huge SEP field surrounding this problem ;-)

Dagdag,

Segher