[vorbis] Re: XMMS plugin cannot play b3 encoded files

Patrick Lawrence pjl at patsoffice.com
Sat Nov 25 22:06:57 PST 2000

> If you are sure you downloaded the b3 RPM's and you still have this
> problem, try getting the CVS and building it (it really isn't hard, my
> g/f figured it out, and she's only a Geek of Music!) -- this works for
> sure.

The technicalities of compiling a tarball or making a new (S)RPM aren't an
issue for me... :-)

I downloaded the RPMs from vorbis.com that are marked as B3.  No source
RPM for the plugin, so I don't know what version of the soruce was
actually used.  As for checking out the plugin from CVS, I had already
attempted to do that.  Lo and behold, nothing for XMMS in the
vorbis-plugins module.  :-)  It the XMMS plug-in code elsewhere?  My
suspicion would be in the XMMS CVS/tarball, but I downloaded the latest
stable release tarball and it wasn't there.  I didn't check their CVS due
to a lack of time.  Murphy's law would indicate that it is indeed there.

Anyhow, my intent was to let somebody know that the RPMS on vorbis.com for
XMMS are broken.  Also, it'd be nice to include a source RPM for the
XMMS plugin so that I don't need to re-invent the wheel.

Regards,

Pat

--
       "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake!" - Tyler Durden

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>