WAV chunks (It was: [vorbis] Low sample rates / bit rates)

Jose Mejuto jmejuto at pobox.com
Mon Nov 27 02:08:23 PST 2000

At 15:01 25/11/00 +1100, you wrote:

>That's the length of the format chunk, I assume. OggEnc doesn't know what
>to do with it, since it's not a 'normal' format chunk (which does have
>length 16). If you can find any wav documentation which explains what it
>does, let me know - I'll add support.

Hello,

In the past I had sent to the list a new WAV parser, it is not integrated
in the vorbis stuff because it has been developed isolated but it should be
very easy to inject in the OggEnc code, and it should do a good job with
WAV chunks and with damaged WAV files.

This file was never injected in the code and my post never replayed, maybe
you (and the other developers) never saw it :-? Anyway, here is the code.

--

         Jose Mejuto (jmejuto at pobox.com)
         http://www.cdngo.com

<HR NOSHADE>