[vorbis] MP3 Conversion

linux at radiantmatrix.org linux at radiantmatrix.org
Fri Nov 10 08:40:15 PST 2000

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 10:17:48PM -0500, David Calvarese wrote:
> What I really need to find is a program to convert MP3s to Vorbis
> .ogg's and copy over all the ID tag info from the MP3 file...  Anyone
> know where to get something like this?

AFAIK, you can't do this directly, but you can use WinAmp or XMMS's (or
other MP3 players) "Play to Disk" features which will create a WAV from the
MP3 file.  Then you can encode the WAV with OggVorbis.

Note, though, that your quality will drop significantly, since analog
generational rules apply.

Cheers,
Darren