[vorbis] MP3 to OGG translation?

Adam Scriven scriven at lore.com
Sat Jun 17 04:45:11 PDT 2000

Hello.  I'm new to the list, and I've dutifully, like the good newbie (in
this list anyway) that I am, have searched through the archives, but I can
find no answer to my question.

SO...is there, or can there be, a viable MP3 to OGG translator, so that
those of us with gigabytes of MP3's (legalities aside) can translate them
to OGGs?

I don't mind ripping any NEW Cd's that I buy to OGG only, but re-ripping
(and re-aquiring, let's say), the remaining ones could be a bit of a PITA.

Thanks for the help.
Adam