[vorbis] The OGG Extension...

Adam Scriven scriven at lore.com
Mon Jul 10 05:01:12 PDT 2000

At 03:49 2000/07/10 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Frank Krieger wrote:
> > I have to agree. Face it or not, desktop is Windows. Windows will need two
> > extensions.
> >
> > .ogg for audio - It's already here
> > .vgg for video - Or whatever moves you.
>
>And prey tell, why does QuickTime work so well with one extension?

I think, because you need the a video player to play everything, even sounds.
Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think WinAMP plays Quicktime
Audio, does it?

Personally (since everyone else has weighed in to this discussion. 8-) ), I
think there should be 2 extensions.  That way I can have WinAMP play what I
know are audio files, and I can have #require "video playing software" play
whatever I want for video.  I can also sort my files into audio and video
(which I do), quite easily just by looking at the extension of the file, so
I can play Audio when I want, and Video when I want.  Not every FTP site
maintainer uses directory trees (as dumb as that may sound), so some other
distinction should be made.

IMNSHO, of course.
Adam
Toronto, Ontario, Canada