[vorbis] File Extension .OGG

Erik Moeller moeller at scireview.de
Thu Jul 6 04:21:17 PDT 2000

On 6 Jul 2000, at 12:30, David Balazic wrote:

> Extensions with dots in them just doesn't work in NT4.
> If i register .foo.bar then windoze converts it into
> .foobar .

You don't register .foo.bar, you register .bar. Then .foo.bar files
are opened with the app associated with .bar. For Ogg Vorbis,
respectively, you would register .vorbis with WinAmp and .video with -
whatever-. .ogg.vorbis files would be opened with WinAmp and
.ogg.video with -whatever-. Of course, ijaegrz.vorbis files would
also be opened with WinAmp.

> As for registering more apps for the same type , it is possible
> in NT4 too and I guess in win9x also.
> Just open the "File Types" dialog, select the type ,
> "Edit..." and under "Actions:" click "New".

Yup, you can set up a trial & error list this way. If it doesn't open
when you left-click it, right-click it and choose "Open with
Video..". I wouldn't call this a very user-friendly solution.

> I like the idea of launcher very much.

I don't, for the reasons I stated.

Regards,
Erik Moeller

--
Scientific Reviewer, Freelancer, Humanist -- Berlin/Germany
Phone: +49-30-45491008 - Web: <http://www.humanist.de/erik>