[vorbis] Meta-data enabled encoders

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jul 6 02:08:46 PDT 2000

At 10:27 PM 7/5/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have been following Ogg Vorbis for about two months now. I like
>it. A lot. I can't wait to use it. I want to use it so bad it
>hurts. The only thing stopping me at this point is the inability to
>add artist, title, and album information to the file. I consider that
>a must before I start ripping files into the .ogg format.
>
>Does anyone have *any* kind of a timeframe on an encoder (for Linux)
>that can insert comments(meta-data, whatever)?

Yes. A while back. Vorbize does this (though it's somewhat limited).
Vorbize is in CVS, and has been for a while. When I stop being lazy, I'll
get around to uploading version 0.2 of OggEnc, which does multiple files
and treats comments in a more general manner (I think). This'll likely be
tomorrow.
I've used oggenc along with a (very ugly, hacky) perl script to encode
whole albums (two or three). The perl script just gets cddb data and feeds
it to OggEnc appropriately, which then does all the work.

Michael