[vorbis] File Extension .OGG

Angus Griffin angus at theBASS.net
Wed Jul 5 00:00:58 PDT 2000

<snip>
> As long as libvorbis does the right thing with audio & video, then there
> is no reason one extension can't be used.
>
> But if it's going to require two different players, then as far as users
> are concerned, it's a different format.
<snip>

My point exactly, and it SHOULD NOT require two different players.

As far as windows app/extension registration is concerned, users manage to
open images and the likes in different players, so if they feel the need to
use a separate player, I am sure they can manage to do so following the
usual methods.

Angus Griffin
angus at theBASS.net