[vorbis] File Extension .OGG

Jeff floss at cloud9.net
Tue Jul 4 13:38:09 PDT 2000

        This may be so, but it will still be hard to figure out which file
is audio and which video from an FTP site or a web address.

        Also, Winamp already has support for a ton of video formats
through the NiceMC plugin.  That problem is that Winamp is still an
_audio_ player.  I want to be able to minimize it and listen to my music
as I code :-P  If a video window popped up because I downloaded a video
instead of a soundfile my accident, I'd be pretty annoyed :-P

        I am wondering if the .mog for audio and .vog for video extensions
aren't such a bad idea, though.  I don't know where .mog came from, but
there it is :-P  Perhaps .ogg should be used for audio AND video?  I
dunno.  With bandwidth increasing, etc, I think the next big thign will be
Napster for video :-P
        I guess the only question in MY mind is .ogg for audio, or .ogg
for video and something else (equally catchy..?  Probably not) for
audio?  :-P

        --Floss