[vorbis] Real-Time Encoding/Streaming?

Adam Scriven scriven at lore.com
Mon Jul 10 05:03:20 PDT 2000

Hey.

I'm not sure if this should be here or on -dev, so I'll try here first.

I was wondering, would it be possible to have a real-time streaming feed,
where you were encoding at the same time, given a sufficiently large
computer to do the encoding?
I'm thinking about news-wire applications, like if the BBC wanted to use it
to stream their World News Wire, at the same time that it's crossing the
world on short-wave, or something like that.

Thanks!
Adam
Toronto, Ontario, Canada