[vorbis] File Extension .OGG

Doc Holiday doc at hwebtech.com
Sat Jul 1 12:32:59 PDT 2000

Hello...
I just thought I'd add a "me too" type of response here. If we want Vorbis really wants to become
widely accepted (and I think we all do), we need to cater to the lowest common denominator.
Everyone, from the 16 yr old computer guru who has all of Metallica's CDs in MP3 Format to the
casual computer user who just wants to keep a few of her favorites songs at work, needs to be able
to EASILY use the specification. I really don't want to see people alienated from the format
because it's not intuitive. OTOH, If there are _practical_ reasons to use the same extension, I'd
love to hear them. :)

</doc_holiday>

PS: I just started using the Beta of Ogglame on an AMD 533 running Mandrake 7.0 (with 64mb
ram) and it's fantastic! No more MP3 for me! :) Way to go, everyone.

]  You're not REALLY a geek until  [
]  you can use a roman numeral to  [
]  edit your text files.           [