[vorbis] New Vorbis player app

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Dec 31 12:04:31 PST 2000

> Perhaps I'm wrong. I took that sentence out anyway. I'll do some better
> tests and see if I can find out where the leak is happening. It looks
> like somewhere in libvorbis(file), but it's difficult to be absolutely
> sure.

I actually built a tool to look for these things.  In misc.c, there's
a tracking malloc that can be enabled for the three vorbis libs by
flipping an ifdef.  This code predates the conversion to _ogg_malloc
defines (hell, it predates beta1), so the exact #ifdef magic will
probably need a tweak.

It simply tracks all memory used by vorbis, and after cleanup you can
have it dump any leftover vectors and where they were alloced.  In the
'all correct' state, there will be none.

I'll have to run this check again for beta4 anyway, but the code is
there for you to use yourself if you want to.

Monty