[vorbis] MP3 to Vorbis?

dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu
Thu Dec 21 13:04:32 PST 2000

Assuming you're using UNIX, grip.e will do it.  I'm assuming it just
decodes an mp3 to a wav and then encodes the wav into an ogg.  You'll end
up with an ogg that sounds no better than the original  mp3, though, so it
seems like a pointless endeavor.

http://chinstrap.cylant.com/~stephen/

Gabe

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 02:54:28PM -0600, Robin Cook wrote:

> Is there a utility to convert and MP3 to Vorbis?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Robin                          mailto:rcook at wyrms.net

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of eegnorance astounds me!"
							- Ren Hoek in "Marooned"