[vorbis] Copy protected CDs (off-topic)

Frank Klemm pfk at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de
Wed Dec 20 16:13:07 PST 2000

::  "Frank Klemm" <pfk at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de> wrote:
::
::  > Some DVD drives are using green Layer light to also read out CD-ROMs and
::  CD
::  > DA. This reduces contrast for pressed CDs (no lambda/2 interference) and
::  > especially for CD-Rs (dye absorption maximum), because they are optimized
::  > for 780 nm.
::
::  Maybe you can answer one question that bugged me for some time and
::  everywhere I asked I only got vague responses: why some audio CD
::  players sound worse when using audio CD-R instead of original
::  (pressed) audio CD? WAVs from both CDs are exact match, so why
::  do they sound different?
::
Record a 18 kHz tone on a CD-R. Play back this CD-R.
Record this with a godd AD converter. Copy it to an URL.
Post this URL.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Frank Klemm

eMail | pfk at uni-jena.de       home: pfk at schnecke.offl.uni-jena.de
phone | +49 (3641) 64-2721    home: +49 (3641) 390545
sMail | R.-Breitscheid-Str. 43, 07747 Jena, Germany