[vorbis] Here is a link to what they say about "Other Formats"

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at eunet.yu
Tue Dec 12 14:38:52 PST 2000

"Steven Bailey" <snbailey at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> bother trying to stream it, either.  I think your info on the "limited
> ID3 tags" may be a bit outdated, though.  I guess that depends on what
> part of the tag you are referring to.  MP+, as of a couple months ago,
> had all the tag functionality that I ever bother using.

I don't like ID3 v1 (or v1.1) because sometimes you can't enter
the whole name of the song due to the limitation of tagging field
and this really can annoy me sometimes.

> > There you will find all MPEG-4 AAC tools listed and explained.
>
> I stand corrected.  Thanks for the info!

Some people corrected me, so to clarify: TwinVQ is a part of MPEG-2,
but MPEG-4 AAC consists of MPEG-2 (AAC & TwinVQ - but these
are separate codecs), so you actually have something like this:

AAC + TwinVQ + some additional tools (like speech...) = MPEG-4 AAC

> Still, is that part of the format under dispute?

No, it probably isn't.

Greetings,
Aleksandar