[vorbis] 16kbps ogg encoder when?

Matt and Karin Lawson lawson at qns.com
Thu Dec 21 15:50:51 PST 2000

Hello,

Does anyone know when the low-bitrate modes (e.g. 16kbps) might be supported?  I
was hoping they'd be in Beta 3.  The reason I ask is that I will have to shut
off mp3 http streaming from my site within the week and it would be nice if I
could tell my customers when it would be on again (in Vorbis format).

I don't mean to sound impatient or ungrateful.  I appreciate all the voluntary
work and I think the developers deserve a holiday break.  Just curious about
where it stands.

Thanks,

Matt