[vorbis] [a bit off-topic] oggenc crashes my K6-200 box

Robert M. Bultman rbultman at ka.net
Tue Dec 19 19:11:52 PST 2000

What little encoding I did on my old K6-233 did not go well.  My machine did not
crash but all of the files were horrible.  Lots of drop outs.  I upgraded to a
K6/2-500 and had the same problem.  New sound card, same problem.  It ended up
being my CD-ROM drive.  I don't know the technical details, but basically I could
rip not from it.  I was using CD-DA X-tractor to rip and encode.  Works fine now.