[vorbis] MOre streaming media to ponder

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Fri Dec 15 05:58:39 PST 2000

Hi:

While we're on the subject, I came across this article today.  All the more
reason to get OGG out and happening sooner rather than later.

INTERNET STREAMING MEDIA ALLIANCE FORMED

Posted at December 12, 2000 09:20 AM Pacific

IN AN EFFORT to create a single standard for media
streaming over the Internet, five companies on Tuesday
announced the founding of the Internet Streaming Media
Alliance (ISMA).

Apple Computer, Cisco, Kasenna, Philips Electronics and
Sun Microsystems announced the founding of ISMA,
saying they are joining forces to promote open
standards for developing end-to-end media streaming
solutions over IP (Internet protocol). The founders
believe their collaboration will accelerate adoption
of open standards and interoperability, while
encouraging the development of competitive streaming
media software, they said.

For the full story:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/12/12/001212hnisma.xml?1212tupm

Geoff.