[vorbis] Here is a link to what they say about "Other Formats"

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 06:28:20 PST 2000

Is Atrac3 specifically a sony format? and isn't it
based on musicam? which I thought pre-dated MPEG?!

Or perhaps Fraunhauser have had these patents for
sometime before MPEG? I didn't know Frauhauser were
part of Thompson, that surely makes things really
wierd because Thompson is a huge consumer electronics
company, so presumably they are part of a patent pool
and were involved in the development of MPEG for all
the partners to use (sony for instance) so are they
now doing the dirty on people in the MPEG pool on
other similar technologies? And do Thompson *really*
not make any minidisk players!???

Perhaps I am confused but it all starts to sound
really strange.

love

Freya

--- Tom Bishop <Tom at Truly.nu> wrote:

> [...]