[vorbis] Here is a link to what they say about "Other Formats"

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Mon Dec 11 15:09:40 PST 2000

David Mitchell wrote:

> C|Net is running a story about Vorbis and Icecast. It includes a
> quote from Thomson VP Henri Linde about Vorbis:
>
> "We doubt very much that they are not using Fraunhofer and
> Thomson intellectual property," Linde said. "We think it is
> likely they are infringing."
>
> So, the project is definitly on their radar. Whether or not Linde
> believes what he's saying is another story. It's clearly intended
> as FUD to keep companies from adopting Vorbis. He's also carefull
> to use phrases like "We doubt" and "We think" which keep his
> claims from running afoul of libel laws.
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-4101023.html
>
> It's an interesting read to see the analyst and Thomson spin on
> the issue.
>
> -David Mitchell

Hello;

Pay no attention to lawyer's FUD.

My guess is they will sue a big MP3 webcast user first, to establish pricipals.
This might take $5 million and 2 years. Then it will depend on how
that went...

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   This e-mail may contain confidential and proprietary information of
   Multicast Technologies, Inc, subject to Non-Disclosure Agreements

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 201
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : tme at on-the-i.com     http://www.on-the-i.com