[vorbis] Here is a link to what they say about "Other Formats"

David Mitchell mitchell at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 11 15:05:33 PST 2000

C|Net is running a story about Vorbis and Icecast. It includes a
quote from Thomson VP Henri Linde about Vorbis:

"We doubt very much that they are not using Fraunhofer and
Thomson intellectual property," Linde said. "We think it is
likely they are infringing."

So, the project is definitly on their radar. Whether or not Linde
believes what he's saying is another story. It's clearly intended
as FUD to keep companies from adopting Vorbis. He's also carefull
to use phrases like "We doubt" and "We think" which keep his
claims from running afoul of libel laws.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-4101023.html

It's an interesting read to see the analyst and Thomson spin on
the issue.

-David Mitchell