[vorbis] Here is a link to what they say about "Other Formats"

Robert J Lynn Jr rjlynn at crosswinds.net
Mon Dec 11 14:07:45 PST 2000

ATRAC3 is Sony MD's encoding method. Unlike MP3, it is ONE HUNDRED PRECENT
FRONTWARD AND BACKWARD COMPATIBLE. Totally written by Dolby. Fraunhofer can
just eat their shit. If they would dare say something like that about a big
company (Dear Dolby: PAY US!), they would rip Vorbis to shreds. For some
reason, they think  they have the patent on ATRAC.  Dolby would kill them in
court, but we would have trouble. Burn in hell, FhG!