[vorbis] New beta bug reports/bug report

Jose Mejuto jmejuto at pobox.com
Wed Aug 23 12:49:46 PDT 2000

At 09:38 23/08/00 -0700, you wrote:

>--- Jeremy Lakatos <spaemtrap at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way whether this is the actual case? If
> > it's in the WAV (saved with Goldwave) it's not in
> > plain text.
>
>Scratch that.  Found it (used the wrong editor before,
>the end got truncated).  The bastard!
>
>LISTB -garbage- INFOSFT5 -garbage- GoldWave (C) Chris
>S. Craig, http://www.goldwave.com
>
>Now I want to check all my wave files from diff
>editors.

Hello,

Well AFAIK "LIST" and "INFO" are valid and documented WAV chuncks, and the
information located in that chunks are not "probably" garbage. WAV data is
enclosed in the "data" chunk(s). Following most recent specs (To avoid 2
megs. limit in AVI files) I think that could be more than one "data" chunk
in a valid WAV file, but all of them uses the same "fmt " chunk.