[Vorbis-dev] Change 48 khz sample rate limit

David Willmore davidwillmore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:51:51 UTC 2023

Mr. Vella brings up a good point.  Both Vorbis and Opus are human
perceptual codecs, so they may destroy parts of your signal that they deem
not important to human perception.  If you're looking to compress an
arbitrary waveform for storage, you may want to consider FLAC--which will
give you back a bit-exact version of your original signal, but may not
compress as well.