[Vorbis-dev] Decode ogg file while downloading: what are the good practices?

Matthieu Regnauld mregnauld at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:18:28 UTC 2018

Well, your " OggPlayer::release; OggPlayer::open; before OggPlayer::seek"
seems to work!
Thank you so much!

Also, I'll take a look at the Opus codec, thanks for the advice!

For your information, here was the problem in details: let's say I download
an audio file whose length is 300 seconds.
When, for example, 15 seconds of the file were downloaded, I called
OggPlayer::open().
After that moment, even if the file was fully downloaded, I was able to
seek in the file, but only between 0 and 15 seconds (whether I use
ov_pcm_seek() or even ov_raw_seek()).

So yes, that makes sence if libvorbisfile builds a seek table only when
opening the file.
That said, isn't there any function that allows to rebuild that seek table?