[Vorbis-dev] Sound glitch when using libvorbisfile and libao

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Sun Jun 14 00:51:56 PDT 2015

Dear Marshall,

I spent most of yesterday finding out that wxWidget's wxStringArray
sometimes drops whitespace in a new entry depending on the character
the last entry ended with - so I know what you mean. But your code
looks clean and after listening to the bell for what felt too long I
started using your program as a regular audio player.
I too assume the problem lies in the audio driver your soundcard is
using and has to be triggered by using some exact timing. One potential
way to test for this would be keeping the audio driver active between
running instances of your program: You said the problem always turns up
when starting the playback. Is it possible for you to constantly play
back silent audio in the background while testing? Alsa can be
configured to automatically mix all streams that are being played back
simultaneously and the sound servers all support this feature, too.

Kind regards,

     Gunter.