[Vorbis-dev] Question about changing default metric for codebooks

LM lmemsm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:26:11 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 3:00 PM,  Martin Leese wrote:
> Vorbis is history; Opus is the future.  You
> might, instead, like to improve Opus.

A lot of Open Source applications are currently using vorbis/libvorbis
instead of opus.  I don't see any signs of them being ported to opus.
I'm working with several Open Source SDL2 programs now (updating,
building, packaging, etc.) and they all use SDL2_mixer which in turn
uses libvorbis.  There's not even an option to use opus with
SDL2_mixer at this point in time.  The sdl_sound library also uses
libvorbis and doesn't offer the option to use opus.  Same is true of
sox.