[Vorbis-dev] ffmpeg adaptor for ogg123

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Mon Mar 26 14:23:29 PDT 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Gary Benson wrote:

> My music server uses the remote interface mode of ogg123 and mpg321. I
> couldn't find a player that supported WMA that had this mode,

Okay, you probably have a point there.  :)

Unfortunately, resistance to ffmpeg support for ogg123 isn't merely
philosophical.  There are real legal problems associated with using the
ffmpeg libraries (take a look at audacity for one possible solution), and
don't even get me started on ffmpeg versioning and API/ABI stability.

Of course, you can always take off on your own.  Some kind of
"everything123" sounds like a good project, albeit one with a limited
audience.