[Vorbis-dev] ffmpeg adaptor for ogg123

Gary Benson gary at gbenson.net
Mon Mar 26 04:06:08 PDT 2012

On 25 March 2012 13:50, Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 04:16:41PM -0500, R.L. Horn wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, Ralph Giles wrote:
> >
> > > ...xiph is unlikely to apply an ffmpeg support patch.
> >
> > Besides that, I don't see how an ffmpeg-aware ogg123 could do anything
> > that mplayer (or maybe even sox) can't do already.
>
> Or even ffmpeg's own "ffplay".

My music server uses the remote interface mode of ogg123 and mpg321. I
couldn't find a player that supported WMA that had this mode, so extending
ogg123 to support WMA seemed like the path of least resistance to me given
how ogg123 already has the architecture for multiple formats.

Cheers,
Gary

--
http://inauspicious.org/