[Vorbis-dev] Enhanced Podcasts with Ogg Vorbis (Chapter Marks)

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 03:39:41 PDT 2012

On 15 April 2012 02:42, Silvia Pfeiffer <silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de> wrote:
> Can you post links to the files? I've had private requests for files
> so others can test them on other devices, too.
> I didn't want to create heaps, since I don't know the range where it
> would break, but you seem to have done so already.
> So, this would really help test on other devices.

Hi, I'd thought about it, but had problems logging into my webspace
for a while. I've managed to get them up now.

WARNING. IT'S POSSIBLE THESE FILES MAY CAUSE YOUR PLAYER TO FREEZE OR
STOP WORKING.
http://www.imalone.co.uk/ogg_picture/
Actually it'll be faulty programming that's to blame, but anyone
trying these out should be aware this is a risk. My Clip+ and old
iAudio G3 (which eventually succumbed to hardware failure) appeared to
be able to reset themselves when this happened,

>> tags. In the following xxpc refers to the image size, 2x and 3x
>> indicate multiple METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE entries.
>> 729K  3x30pcsize - crash *
>> 635K  50pcsize - crash
>> 486K  2x30pcsize - okay
>> 480K  45pcsize - okay
>>

>> In the case of crashes the player freezes, holding down the down
>> button is required to turn it off. It then takes longer than normal to
>> start up again, seems to do a reset to an earlier state. Total file
>> size was 4.5M (3x30pc), 4.4M (50pc), 4.2M (45pc/2x30pc). I used the
>> Hydrate-Kenny_Beltrey.ogg file for testing.

The picture used is one of my own DSCN7376, licensed under CC BY-NC-SA
3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
The audio is Kenny Beltry Hydrate retrieved from
http://www.vorbis.com/music/ licensed under CC BY 1.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/

--
imalone