[Vorbis-dev] svn access for libao patches

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jan 7 10:24:01 PST 2010

Hi Halim,

I hope we didn't scare you off.  Handling a backlog of pending
vorbis-tools and libao fixes/updates is actually a priority on my
to-do list in the next few days/weeks, so your timing is excellent :-)

>>> Can I get svn access for applying some libao patches?
>>> It seems that nobody maintains libao currently.
>>> This is really bad because there are many projects out wich using it.
>>> BTW: Not all kind of apps need all available audio controlling settings.

I'm not sure how much of the ensuing discussion was Cc:ed back to you
about that.  The short answer is that if you're interested in becoming
a longer-term maintainer for libao, we're happy to give SVN access
after reviewing a few patches. We've noticed you're active and well
regarded in other projects, but our policy is still to do at least
minimum due diligence.

If you'd prefer to just get the patches you currently have into SVN
but would prefer not to assume additional maintenance duties, we'd
rather handle it as just patches (I'm the one who will review, apply
and own testing the results so I'd be your personal contact).

Regardless of the exact mechanism, we absolutely want fixes/patches.
You're right-- libao has been unmaintained for some time, which is a
problem as projects (including our own vorbis-tools) depend on it.
We'd be very happy if you were interested in helping maintain it.

Monty