[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Mar 6 12:38:49 PST 2009

Ok, I've committed the spec conversion. Please test.

Max, please merge your tree and let me know anything I missed.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

> To change this, replace
>   \usepackage{hyperref}
> by either this (for colored text instead of boxes)
>  \usepackage[colorlinks]{hyperref}
> or this (for no marking of links at all)
>  \usepackage[pdfborder={0 0 0}]{hyperref}
> Other options can be used to tweak colors, see <http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/manual.html#x1-90003.5
>  >.

I switched to 'colorlinks' for now. Note that I got an "unterminated
command" error if I didn't remove the intermediate files after adding
this option. 'make clean' seems to be sufficient.

> Therefore, please try this: add
>   \usepackage{nameref}

With this change it works on my mac with TeX Live 2007.

> That's probably a good idea in any case, not everybody has latex
> installed :)

Well, what we do with the theora spec is to only try to build it if
the tools are available. However, they're requires as part of a
release, and the built version isn't in the repositoyr, so 'make dist'
won't work until you install the tools. There's a copy of the spec on
the website as well in releases, for anyone who doesn't want to
bother.

New questions:

htlatex seems to use dvi->ps->png to generate equations and tex-side
vector figures. We can probably assume dvips, but I guess I should add
imagemagick's 'convert' util to the dependency check?

Is there any way to capture the list of figure files it's generating?
We need to be able to reliably clean/install/distribute that set. Can
I rely on the current name scheme? Can we force a particular naming
scheme or stuff them in a subdirectory so they're safer to glob?

Does pdflatex use the .cfg file at all, or is that just a dependency
for htlatex?

Any idea on the status of svg or mathml generation in htlatex? That
would be better obviously, although we'll still need png equations for
fallback.

Right now, I'd consider these issues with the spec release critical:

* Resolve ambiguous floor 0 LSP formulae
* Install/dist the generated png files for the html spec
* Fix long psuedocode lines so the pdf is readable; either shrink the
font or wrap the lines

Not release critical, but would be nice:

* Add convert and other htlatex dependencies to the configure check
* Remove the built docs from svn and --enable-docs by default (pending
testing and the above fix)
* Remove the obsolete docbook files
* Avoid page breaks inside the bitpacker verbatim "figures"
* Adapt the css file to integrate with the website theme
* Generate v-comment.html automatically from 05-comment.tex
* Update xifish to the current version
* Improve psuedocode layout and variable notation
* Redraw some of the figures in a vector format

Thanks again for all your work on this,
 -r