[Vorbis-dev] Again: Next libvorbis release?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Mar 4 12:23:16 PST 2009

Hi Erik,

that's bad (that fop is not working). Hm, I think I have an older
version of it, maybe that's why... I'll look into this when/if I have
some time tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, since LaTeX was not excluded explicitly, I converted
section/chapter 1 of the docs to LaTeX. This is of course a very rough
first iteration; I didn't want to spend a huge amount of time on this,
unless I know it has a realistic chance of being accepted as a
solution...

Anyway, here you go:
* LaTeX source files: <http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/vorbis-docs-tex.tar.bz2

* PDF generated from this using pdflatex: <http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/Vorbis_I_spec.pdf

* single-page HTML generated from this: <http://dev.quendi.de/vorbis/Vorbis_I_spec/Vorbis_I_spec.html

Note: I used the latex2html tool <http://www.latex2html.org/> for
this. Mainly because I had it installed by chance. It allows tweaking
a lot of things, and I didn't spend much time on tuning them, as I
have no idea what your preferences are. So please don't shoot this off
just because you don't like particular formatting details; a lot can
be tweaks in both the PDF and HTML version, I just have no idea what
you want :-).

Also, there are *tons* of other latex->HTML converters out there. See
e.g. <http://enc.com.au/docs/latexhtml.html> or <http://www.uni-giessen.de/partosch/TeX/converters.html
 > (sorry, the latter one is a german page).

Cheers,
Max