[Vorbis-dev] Tidy up of XiphWiki VorbisComment page

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Jul 9 22:44:46 PDT 2009

2009/7/10  <xiphmont at xiph.org>:
> In fact we have an official policy of neglect w.r.t. tags mainly
> because two things keep happening over and over again:
>
> 1) Someone shows up with a 'MUST HAVE' list of about a hundred and
> eighty tags and spends weeks bikeshedding on the lists and wasting
> everyones' time .

I think the summary table that Martin has been preparing (earlier in
this thread) is a good step towards making sense of the existing
proposals.

Perhaps we could make some sort of process to choose the few proposed
tags which are already commonly used and designate them "official".

> 2) Another round of calls for album art, and no one ever seems to care
> that this breaks every hardware player on the planet (well, almost
> every one).
>
> Number 1 makes me roll my eyes and ignore the whole thing.  2 is
> harder because I wish it was easy to give everyone album art inside
> the tags, but there's that little problem of it screwing a large
> portion of our users.

There was recently a thread about album art where some kind of
consensus was reached and a format chosen. Perhaps you should respond
to that ...

Conrad.