[Vorbis-dev] Tidy up of XiphWiki VorbisComment page

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jul 9 22:34:31 PDT 2009

In fact we have an official policy of neglect w.r.t. tags mainly
because two things keep happening over and over again:

1) Someone shows up with a 'MUST HAVE' list of about a hundred and
eighty tags and spends weeks bikeshedding on the lists and wasting
everyones' time .

2) Another round of calls for album art, and no one ever seems to care
that this breaks every hardware player on the planet (well, almost
every one).

Number 1 makes me roll my eyes and ignore the whole thing.  2 is
harder because I wish it was easy to give everyone album art inside
the tags, but there's that little problem of it screwing a large
portion of our users.

Monty