[Vorbis-dev] Next libvorbis release?

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 18:59:58 PST 2009

I have figured out a completely portable way to build both XHTML and
PDF DocBook documents.  I did it just now for The ZooLib Cookbook:

   http://www.zoolib.org/doc/cookbook/

There are two key parts to it:

1. Don't use wrapper scripts like docbook2html or xmlto.  Just call
xsltproc or fop or what have you direcly.

2. Specify the locations of the DTDs or Schemas or stylesheets and so
on with http:// URLs.

3. Install a catalog file and set the appropriate environment
variables, either SGML_CATALOG_FILES or XML_CATALOG_FILES, so the
tools can convert the http:// URLs to file:/// URLs to get the cached
copies from your local filesystem instead.

I have this set up to build ZooLib's documentation now.  I'd be happy
to do this for libvorbis as well, but I won't be able to get to it for
a few days.

--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   I'm looking for a job in Silicon Valley:
     http://www.goingware.com/resume/cover-letter.html