[Vorbis-dev] Next libvorbis release?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sat Feb 7 18:28:46 PST 2009

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>
> > They appear to build fine on Fedora 10.
>
> It just failed from me on Fedora 9.  I am currently upgrading that
> machine from Fc9 to Fc10, but I think it is extremely unlikely that
> building the docs  on Fc10 will work.

I just upgraded my Fc9 VM machine to Fc10.

Fc10 failed in the same way as Fc9, with the first warning being that
it could not find the file:

    /usr/share/texmf/tex/xmltex/passivetex/fotex.xmt

which under Debian/Ubunt gets installed as part of the xmltex package.
Unlike Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora has a separate passivetext package which
includes that file so AFAIAC that means that the Fedora xmltex package
actually depends on passivetex and shouldn't be installed  without it.

Installing the passivetex package on Fc10 got me past that problem and
then I ran into a bunch of similar warnings to the ones I got on Ubuntu.
In the end, building the docs on Fc10 was just a broken as everywhere
else I tried:

    l.939 ...:block>B.</fo:block></fo:list-item-label>
                                  <fo:list-item-body start-i...
    !  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Erik